Effect, indications and contraindications for the introduction of fillers into the lips. What side effects can there be? Photos BEFORE and AFTER, the general impression, as well as customer reviews, read in this article!
Many girls and women dream of full lips, some are dissatisfied with their shape or want to smooth the wrinkles of the purse thread. In all these cases, cosmetologists offer a solution - fillers. If the specialist is experienced and knowledgeable, the risk of side effects is minimal, plus you will keep your natural appearance.
The images before and after the procedure show that many people spread their lips a little to give them some volume.
Indications for filler injection
- dry lips;
- insufficient volume;
- wrinkles in the mouth area;
- defects: eversion, scars, scars.
How is the procedure going
Before the session, the cosmetologist asks the patient for information on the state of health, chronic diseases and medications and supplements taken. The specialist will find out if the person has contraindications. If all goes well, the required drug and its volume are selected. The amount of filler for one procedure does not exceed 1 ml. This volume is evenly distributed on the tissues.
Next, the cosmetologist performs the following manipulations:
- Cleans lips of impurities, treats the skin with an antiseptic.
- Apply anesthetic cream. It takes effect in 20-30 minutes. If the patient has a low pain threshold, lidocaine or ultracaine is injected into the gum. The lips become numb and the sting looks like a mosquito bite.
If the patient can experience pain without anesthetics, this is good, as they can cause additional swelling. Yes, the procedure is awkward, but bearable.
- The beautician opens the sealed package with the filler in front of you (this moment is important! ) and proceeds with the injection of the drug. The phase lasts 5-15 minutes. Different techniques are chosen depending on the expected result:
- Injecting the filler to a depth of 2-3 mm using a cannula. In this case, the lips are slightly enlarged and moisturized, superficial wrinkles are smoothed.
- Injecting the drug to a depth of 1 cm using a needle. A sophisticated technique is used when it is necessary to align the asymmetry, correct the shape and eliminate scars.
- The beautician treats the lips with an antiseptic and protective cream and gives you a filler pack.
The whole procedure takes up to 40 minutes, after which you can go home.
Immediately after injection of the fillers, the lips are swollen and bruises may appear at the puncture sites. After 2 days, the pathological swelling subsides, and the hematomas completely disappear after a week. Then you will see the first results. You may need to inject the filler again to achieve the desired effect.
Lips will remain plump for 3-12 months. The term depends on the chosen drug and the characteristics of the organism. For the duration of the filler action, it is worth minimizing visits to baths, saunas, and performing facial massages, as these activities accelerate the absorption of the natural filler.
All fillers are divided into biodegradable (absorbable) and permanent (synthetic). The former are safer, because of natural origin. Biodegradable fillers are completely eliminated from the body in 12-18 months. Variety:
- Fat.Filler is obtained from the patient's fat taken from the abdomen or buttocks. It is processed and injected into the lips. Such a substance 100% takes root in tissues, but dissolves very quickly - in 3-6 months. General anesthesia is used during the procedure.
- Collagen.The drug is created from animal or human collagen, which is produced by donor tissues. The result lasts up to 6 months. The material takes root well, stimulates the production of its own collagen, restores the elasticity of the skin.
- Hyaluronic.The most popular active ingredient. It is evenly distributed in the tissues, attracts water molecules to itself and retains them. Due to this, the lips become plump, hydrated, soft. Wrinkles and grooves are smoothed out. The effect lasts from 6 to 12 months.
Important! Fillers with calcium hydroxyapatite and polylactic acid are still popular in cosmetology. For lip plastics, they are almost never used, as they are not easy to work with and there is a high risk of side effects when used in this particular area.
If the technician has a good command of the technique, the natural preparation is evenly distributed on the lips and creates a nice swelling.
The synthetic fillers do not break down in the tissues, they are injected inside and expand the internal space with their volume, thus creating volume. Permanent drug is removed from the lips only surgically, so if you decide to use it, you need to trust a super professional. The advantage of such a filler is that the material shapes the shape of the lips well and maintains the required volume for years.
The most popular active ingredients are polyacrylamide gel and silicone. But in modern cosmetology they are used very rarely, because there is always a risk of side effects:
- inflammation of the tissues around the implant;
- migration of the gel, which leads to the deformation of a given shape;
- formation of granulomas.
Cure after filler injection
Every day for a week, morning and evening, clean your lips with an antiseptic (chlorhexidine), smear the skin with a cream with dexpanthenol and a gel that resolves hematomas. At this time, it is forbidden:
- makes faces;
- opens his mouth wide;
- bites and wrinkles the lips;
- go to the bathroom / sauna, gym;
- sleeping on your stomach (it is better to rest on your back at night);
- there is hot, spicy;
- swimming in open bodies of water, swimming pools (there is a risk of infection);
- apply decorative cosmetics;
- kisses passionately.
If you have a tendency to develop herpes, it is best to drink antiviral drugs within 3 days before the session. If herpes appears after the procedure, continue taking an antiviral and treat the lips as described above, bypassing the wound.
It is forbidden to inject fillers in the following situations:
- less than 18 years old;
- carrying a baby and breastfeeding;
- bleeding disorder;
- autoimmune, cancer, skin diseases;
- wounds on the skin;
- tendency to form keloid scars;
- herpes in the acute stage;
- allergy to the components of the drug;
- diabetes mellitus.
Do not go to a session with acute respiratory infections and menstruation, because the body is weakened and the risk is greater that the immune system cannot cope with pathogenic bacteria. Also, before menstruation and in the first days of the period, women tolerate the worst pain.
If a specialist makes a mistake when injecting a filler, visible bumps may appear in the thickness of the lips, which take a long time to dissolve. To make them pass faster, they massage and perform apparatus therapy: phono and electrophoresis.
Sometimes the gel is displaced and the lips become asymmetrical. In this case, hyaluronidase is injected, which absorbs hyaluronic acid. The most effective "antidote" is within 2 weeks of the lip augmentation procedure. Hyaluronidase breaks down the filler quickly and without consequences.
Often, after using hyaluronic acid, herpes gets worse and wounds appear more often. Another unpleasant side effect is granulomas and fibrous capsules. To eliminate them, antibiotics and concomitant therapy are prescribed, hyaluronidase can be injected.
A rare case of embolism. A foreign substance enters the vessel and leads to its blockage. At this time, the patient feels pain, the lip area becomes red and swollen. If the problem is not resolved, necrosis may develop and the tissue will die.
Overall customer experience
Most girls and women are satisfied with the results of lip augmentation and correction.The procedure, although inconvenient, is well tolerated. The rehabilitation period is short and does not affect the ability to work. Naturalness is preserved and the gel in the lips is almost not felt, after a while it does not move. Modern drugs perform very well in the tissues and rarely cause negative reactions in the body.
Before and after photos
Check out these great transformations. The results are excellent, the lips are beautiful and voluminous.