Lip tattoo is a procedure of applying the necessary pigment according to the principle of a tattoo. With the help of permanent makeup, you can create shape, color, correct asymmetry. Permanent makeup can be natural and decorative. The decorative takes on bright shades, the natural tattoo gives a tone close to the true color of the lips.
Features of the shading tattoo technique
Each technique has characteristics:
- Outline: Only the outline is filled with pigment. It is used to emphasize the natural form. The color is chosen close to natural so that there is no "eaten lipstick" effect.
- Tinted: Full filling with pigment occurs. The method will eliminate the need to use lipstick every day.
- The lip tattoo with shading (watercolor) combines the contour tattoo and the color. The contour is outlined, then the pigment is injected, the folds are processed. Color saturation changes from the periphery to the center, the lips visually look larger.
- Permanent makeup with 3D shading: the contour and sponges are filled with different pigments, needles of different lengths and diameters are used. A flicker effect is added.
Advantages and disadvantages of technology
- the permanent technique is universal, suitable for blondes, brunettes, brown-haired, red-haired women, the main thing is to choose the right color;
- no lipstick required, gloss - makeup lasts up to 5 years;
- the opportunity to be beautiful in places where cosmetics are not always at hand: on the beach, in the pool;
- it is not necessary to constantly dye the lips;
- if you want a different color, you can apply decorative cosmetics;
- skin defects are masked: fine wrinkles, scars and scars;
- clear outline, rich color;
- elimination of asymmetry.
- pain during and after the procedure;
- swelling within a week;
- difficulty in removal (permanent makeup can only be removed with a laser);
- the need for correction;
- the result may differ from the desired one (the final color will appear only after 3-4 weeks, after healing);
- the presence of contraindications.
Choose a qualified makeup artist. Do not contact beauticians who work at home without a license for the appropriate type of business.
The procedure for applying pigment to the lips with shades
Lip tattoo with contour augmentation called "contour with shading" is a safe procedure that is performed in a specially equipped cosmetology center. A professional makeup artist will tell you how to properly prepare for a perm, provide a photo of the work done and make a sketch. If he says that there is no need to prepare for the procedure, immediately choose another specialist.
The result of the work depends on the qualifications of the master, it may not correspond to the expected due to low-quality equipment, mistakes of the beautician, incorrectly chosen color and tattoo technique.
- a week before the start of the procedure, treat your lips with a scrub;
- Apply a moisturizing conditioner or lip balm before going to bed
- Lubricate the skin with sea buckthorn oil or hygienic lipstick 2-3 times a day, always use the listed products before going out;
- take acyclovir (or another herpes remedy) 5 days before the procedure and within 2 days after;
- if necessary, the doctor prescribes drugs to increase immunity, vitamin therapy;
- giving up bad habits;
- do not drink hot drinks the day before the procedure.
The master prepares a sketch of the tattoo. The color of the pigment may look different, it is not the beautician's fault. To help the professional choose the shade, he uses the lipstick he uses most often. It is better to choose a color close to natural, not to use bright pink and red tones. Be sure to inform about the presence of allergic reactions and other contraindications, if any.
- Disinfection of the skin.
- Draw the outline with a pencil.
- Application of anesthesia, waiting 20-30 minutes (usually lidocaine is used to relieve pain).
- Pigment injection through needles of different diameter and length along the contour, in the upper and lower lips.
- Make the nuance, give volume to the sponges (you can make partial and full shades of the lips).
- Antiseptic treatment.
- Application of ice on the face (in the presence of edema).
The work must be carried out by a qualified technician. Sterile gloves and needles are used and must be opened in the presence of the customer. A permanent makeup application session takes no more than an hour.
Care after the procedure
After the wounds have healed (3-4 weeks), permanent makeup needs to be corrected. Several fixes may be needed.
Adequate care is required after each session:
- during the day after the procedure, apply ointment on the lips, within a week - petroleum jelly;
- the problem area will heal faster if you wet your lips less;
- do not eat too hot or cold food, drink liquids through a straw;
- after eating, clean your mouth with a disinfectant;
- exclude trips to baths, saunas, swimming pools;
- do not use decorative cosmetics;
- limit the time spent on the street during active exposure to ultraviolet radiation;
- do not damage the formed scabs, they will pass on their own in 7-10 days;
- in case of severe itching and burning, take antiallergic drugs.
When it is not recommended
Contraindications for permanent makeup are:
- age under 18;
- infections, infectious diseases;
- oncological neoplasms;
- dermatological diseases;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
To make permanent lip makeup with a broad shade last longer, make it a point to smear your lips with sunscreen before going out during the period of active sunlight. The duration of the tattoo also depends on the individual characteristics of the organism: in women with a good metabolism, the pigment is excreted earlier.